Latest News about the faculty and students associated with KnACC.
- Our paper, An Overview of Cybersecurity Knowledge Graphs Mapped to the MITRE ATT&CK Framework Domains, led by Josh Bolton, and co-authored by Lavanya Elluri and Karuna P Joshi, was accepted by the IEEE International Conference on Intelligence and Security Informatics (ISI 2023) to be held in Charlotte in October 2023.
- Subhankar Chattoraj, Mohammad Islam, and Emmanuel Ugwuabonyi joined the KnACC lab as new Ph.D. students in Fall 2023.
- Redwan Walid successfully defended his Ph.D. Thesis in August 2023.
- Dae-young Kim successfully defended his Ph.D. Thesis in August 2023.
- James Clavin successfully defended his Ph.D. Proposal in December 2022.
- Kelvin Echenim joined the KnACC lab as a new Ph.D. student.
- Ronak Razavisousan successfully defended her Ph.D. Thesis in September 2022.
- Dr. Lavanya Elluri successfully graduated from UMBC and joined Texas A&M – Central Texas University as an Assistant Professor.
- Our paper, Semantically Rich Access Control in Cloud EHR Systems Based on MA-ABE, won the Best Paper award at the 8th IEEE International Conference on Big Data Security on Cloud /High Performance and Smart Computing /Intelligent Data and Security (IEEE BigDataSecurity/HPSC/IDS 2022).
- Josh Bolton successfully cleared his Comprehensive Exam.
Redwan Walid successfully defended his Ph.D. proposal, Cloud-Based Encrypted EHR System with Semantically Rich Access Control, in December 2021.
Lavanya Elluri successfully defended her Ph.D. Thesis in November 2021.
Dae-young Kim successfully defended his Ph.D. proposal, Trusted Compliance Enforcement Framework for Large Volume and High Velocity Healthcare Data, in October 2021.
Josh Bolton joined the KnACC lab as a new Ph.D. student.
Dr. Karuna Joshi was elevated to IEEE Senior member in April 2021.
Spring 2021 was a very good semester in publications. We successfully published papers at conferences like IEEE Services Congress – SCC and ICDH and IEEE Big Data Security on Cloud.
Spring 2020 was a very hectic semester for the KnACC lab with many students successfully defending their thesis. Ketki Sane, Divya Ganapathy, Abhishek Mahindrakar, and Adithya Bandi successfully defended their MS Thesis in April 2020. Due to the COVID lockdown, there were only virtual graduation ceremonies.
Ronak Razavisousan successfully defended her Ph.D. proposal in March 2020.
Sharad Dixit successfully defended his MS Thesis
Lavanya successfully defended her Ph.D. Proposal